John A. Logan College Green Committee
The John A. Logan College Green Committee is dedicated to creating a culture of environmental responsibility by:
- supporting the College in taking a leadership role to increase the environmental literacy of its internal and external constituencies,
- striving to be a model campus where environmental stewardship is taught and practiced,
- assisting in the incorporation of “sustainable thinking” in college decision making processes,
- encouraging environmental responsibility in the construction of new facilities, as well as, making certain all facets of the college’s facilities operate with an environmental conscience, and
- pledging to accomplish goals set forth in the Illinois Sustainable University Compact.
The committee meets twice each semester and welcomes comments, concerns, and suggestions from students, faculty, staff and the community about sustainability issues at the College.