Physical and Integrated Sciences
The department offers physical science courses in astronomy, chemistry, conceptual physics, earth science, environmental technology and physical geology as well as courses in integrated science in Baccalaureate Transfer Programs and in Career 2-year programs.
Within the Baccalaureate Transfer Programs the department offers physical and integrated science coursework leading to:
- Associate in Science degree in: Agriculture, Art Education, Biological Science, Business Teacher Education, Economics, English Education, General Science, Physical Education, Secondary Education, Social Work and Special Education.
- Associate in Arts degree in: Art, Associate Arts, Business Administration and Accounting, Economics, English, History, History Education, International Studies, Journalism, Music, Political Science, Pre-Law, Psychology, Sociology, Speech Communication, and Theatre.
Within the Career 2-year programs the department offers physical science coursework leading to:
- Associate in Applied Science degree in: Auto Collision Technology, Criminal Justice, and Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
Physical Science courses offered:
- PHS 100 Environmental Conservation
- PHS 101 Environmental Technology
- PHS 102 Astronomy
- PHS 103 Earth Science
- PHS 104 Contemporary Chemistry for Non-Science Majors
- PHS 105 Physics for Non-Science Majors
- PHS 106 Energy, Environment and Society
- PHS 107 Weather and Climate
- PHS 108 Introduction to Environmental Chemistry
- PHS 111 Environmental Technology II
- PHS 220 Physical Geology
- PHS 222 Environmental Geology
Integrated Science courses offered:
- SCI 210A Integrated Science I
- SCI 210B Integrated Science II