Mary Logan Scholarships
Two Mary Logan scholarships are awarded during Women's History Month each March. These scholarships recognize the contributions of outstanding women like Mary Logan and encourage students of the John A. Logan College District to develop their potential. Each scholarship is $500 and must be used at John A. Logan College during the following school year.
- Continuing student pursuing an AA or AS Degree
- GPA of 3.0 or better
- Enrollment in a minimum of six credit hours
- Write a brief, personal letter of introduction (including social security number, address, and telephone number).
- Submit two references from the John A. Logan College staff, faculty, and/or community members.
- Write an essay celebrating the contributions of women to society. Your essay may focus on women who are/were public figures and/or private individuals.
- The essay should be 500-1000 words long.
- The essay should be proofread carefully.
- The essay must be typed on 8 1/2 by 11 inch paper in MLA format (12 font, double spaced, 1" margins).
Submit the essay, letter of introduction, and the names of references by March 5 to:Anita Petersen, English Chair
John A. Logan College
Carterville, IL 62918