Top 10 Reasons for Advisement
- To be able to REGISTER for more than 11 hours.
- To find out how you can switch your major.
- It’s a chance to be around people who really enjoy what they do.
- For an opportunity to ask those questions you'd really rather not be caught asking but you really need the answers to.
- To make sure you stay on course with your plans to graduate or transfer to a four-year school.
- To find out where you can get help with a course that’s giving you problems.
- Sometimes academic advisors have a candy dish on their desk or good stories to tell.
- To find a good compromise between the major you think you ought to have, the one your family thinks you should have, and the one that really interests you.
- So you get put in the right classes after going through all the trouble of taking your placement tests.
- So you won’t have to call a psychic hotline about what classes you should take.
Back to the Academic Advisement Homepage